[Qt-interest] Is it possible with the State Machine Framework?

Mihail Naydenov mlists at ymail.com
Wed Apr 14 19:06:29 CEST 2010

Hello, first I must note Im pretty new with The State Machine Framework, but nevertheless I like it *very* much! I see it as the biggest feature that hit Qt in the recent years!

Now, the idea to let a state control objects is *great*, it adds really nice abstraction to the object management. (Adding animations for the transitions is even greater)

However, I ran into trouble on how to specify witch state manages which object(s)?

I can state->assignProperty(object, property, value)

but there is no unassignProperty :\

Im probably "doing it wrong", but I imagined objects can be "moved around" states? Is it possible?

How can I make a state no longer assign property?

I have read all the docs and studied all samples.
Im I missing something?

Thank You
MihailNaydenov