[Qt-interest] Is it possible with the State Machine Framework?

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 19:52:37 CEST 2010

Mihail -

Could you give a little more information about what you are trying to
accomplish?
Perhaps a concrete example -- even if a toy -- would be helpful.

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Mihail Naydenov <mlists at ymail.com> wrote:
> Hello, first I must note Im pretty new with The State Machine Framework, but nevertheless I like it *very* much! I see it as the biggest feature that hit Qt in the recent years!
>
> Now, the idea to let a state control objects is *great*, it adds really nice abstraction to the object management. (Adding animations for the transitions is even greater)

Could you be more specific about what you mean by having a state
control an object?

> However, I ran into trouble on how to specify witch state manages which object(s)?

This I don't follow.  You wish to associate object(s) with a state in
some way.  What
do you mean by this, and what is it supposed to accomplish?

> I can state->assignProperty(object, property, value)
> but there is no unassignProperty :\

> Im probably "doing it wrong", but I imagined objects can be "moved around" states? Is it possible?

I don't know what you mean by "moved around."

> How can I make a state no longer assign property?
> I have read all the docs and studied all samples.
> Im I missing something?
>
> Thank You
> MihailNaydenov

If you good give us a use case and toy design sketch, maybe we could give you
some advice about how best (or whether) to use state machines to accomplish
your goal.

Good luck.

K. Frank