[Qt-interest] QTableView and QTreeView item background

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:47:25 CEST 2010

Hi Andrei -

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Andrei Sebastian Cimpean
<andreiamenta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> I am playing around with a QTableView and QTreeView...
> Basically I want to change the background of some files and folders(=items in
> the views), when they are displayed. My problem is the actual background
> coloring.

(I don't know anything about background coloring.)

> Also I am curious if it is possible to add a widget or picture inside a view
> item?

If I understand correctly what you are asking, I don't believe that
there is any easy
(i.e., with functionality already built in to Qt) way to do this.
(Don't take my opinion
too seriously, though.  A lot of stuff is possible in Qt that I don't
know about.)

The question was asked before:

   http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt-interest/2010-March/020045.html

and no simple recipe was forthcoming.

(If you discover an answer, I'm sure Bertwim -- he started the archived thread,
above -- would like to hear about it.  I would too.)

> Thank you

Good luck.

K. Frank