[Qt-interest] Is Qt the best choice for cross-platform desktop GUI applications? Mac OS X (Cocoa, Aqua)? KDE, GNOME, Windows 7

Richard Moe Gustavsen richard.gustavsen at nokia.com
Mon Apr 19 13:32:00 CEST 2010

On Apr 16, 2010, at 6:07 AM, ext Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> Today I took the time and uninstalled the 32-bit Carbon version of Qt,
> and then replaced it with the 64-bit Cocoa one.  All font problems
> went
> away just like that.  I didn't know that there's this big of a
> difference.  Since Carbon will be deprecated in the next Qt version, I
> guess this isn't worth reporting.

Yes, there is a difference from how text is rendered in Qt/Carbon
compared to Qt/Cocoa.
But this particular problem seems to have been fixed for Qt-4.7.0/
Carbon:
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-5529

-Richard

/**
  Richard Moe Gustavsen
  Software Engineer II, Platform Team
  Nokia Norge AS / Qt Development Frameworks
  Sandakerveien 116, 0484 Oslo, Norway
**/