[Qt-interest] Plugin loading problem

Ender EREL erelender at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 11:18:16 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I am using Qt 4.5.3 on Win7 & MSVC2008. I have a plugin, which is loaded
using QPluginLoader at runtime.

In debug mode, the plugin is successfully loaded whereas in release
mode, loading fails with the error message "Incompatible library, cannot
mix debug and release modes". I am sure the plugin & the app are built
using the same libs.Using dependency walker, i verified that they
require release mode dlls of Qt.

I checked the Qt Plugin cache in the registry, where the config key of
my plugin is "40503 1 Windows msvc release full-config
2010-04-21T11:12:33". The app is also running in "Windows msvc release
full-config" (checked using QLibraryInfo::buildKey()). I tried deleting
the registry key, rebuilding the dll& the app but i still can't get the
plugin to load.

I am suspicious of the "1" in the cache registry key of my plugin. What
does it mean? The reason i am suspicious is that the same character of
imageformats registry keys is "0"  in release mode and "1" in debug mode.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happenning, or what am i doing wrong?

Best Regards.
--
Ender EREL -  -