[Qt-interest] Building release Qt with PDBs in Windows

Jason Wood jwood275 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 21 11:22:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to build Qt from source in Windows and also build the PDBs for
the release version to enable me to work with crash dumps more efficiently
but I just can't seem to get them to build. Here's what I've done so far:

Duplicated msvc-2005 folder in mkspecs
Edited qmake.conf in the new folder
Set QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE to '-O2 -Zi -MD'
Set QMAKE_LFLAGS_LTCG to blank
Run 'nmake clean'
Run 'nmake cleanconf'
Run configure including '-platform <duplicated platform name>'
Run nmake

This builds the PDBs for the debug build as usual but not the release build.
I removed the /LTCG to prevent whole program optimization as I believe that
prevents PDBs being built and I added -Zi to the CFLAGS as I believe that
tells the compiler to also build the PDBs but I think I must be missing
something else in the config.

Does anyone know what else I need to change?

Thanks,
Jason