[Qt-interest] QWebView is frozen after loadFinished() signal

Bogdan Slusarczyk bodzio131 at op.pl
Fri Jul 2 22:27:45 CEST 2010

Hi folks!
I want to show huge table (40x370, with very short cells) using QWebView. I want to do this such way:
- enable application throbber
- generate html content (Qstring) in separated thread
- QWebView::setHtml
- wait for QWebView::loadFinished signal and then disable throbber, application should be ready to use.

Problem is that QWebView seems to be frozen after loadFinished() signal. I mean QWebView shows some content, but it cannot be scrolled and whole application is frozen for few seconds. After few seconds everything is ok, QWebView scrolls smothly and everything works well.

Is there any way to wait asynchronously for QWebView to be _really_ ready to use?

Best regards,
Bogdan