[Qt-interest] QODBC bug!

Roland Tollenaar rwatollenaar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 13:01:52 CEST 2010

Hi all,

>> Any help appreciated, this problem is serious for us. There are no
>> obvious workarounds.
>
> http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
>
> Chances that your bug gets fixed increase when you attach a small self-contained example which reproduces the bug ;) But at least you should also try with the latest Qt 4.6.x (or even the upcoming 4.7).
>
> Also browsing the bug database for similar/same issues is a fine manner before creating a new issue ;)
Could not see anything there. Remember the advantage database is not common.

Anyhow, there is a workaround, I was wrong.

The workaround is:

SELECT CAST(SingleCharField AS SQL_CHAR(2)) FROM MyTable Where bla bla....

Its an odd problem but anyhow, this is not too painful.

Thanks for all the useful advice.

Kind regards,

Roland