[Qt-interest] Qt Visual Studio Add-in for VS2010?

Scott Aron Bloom Scott.Bloom at onshorecs.com
Tue Jul 6 17:54:20 CEST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: qt-interest-bounces at trolltech.com
[mailto:qt-interest-bounces at trolltech.com] On Behalf Of David Ching
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 7:21 AM
To: qt-interest at trolltech.com
Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] Qt Visual Studio Add-in for VS2010?

"Thiago Macieira" <thiago at kde.org> wrote in message
news:201007051245.17646.thiago at kde.org...
> No, there isn't. We have not developed or released an add-in for
VS2010.

Could you share the philosophy behind not doing so?  Do you intend to
only
support Qt Creator?  Would Nokia be willing to open source the current
add-in so the community can enhance it to support VS 2010?

I would not have come to Qt if it were not for the VS add-in.  The VS
add-in
made me feel instantly at home developing Qt apps in my familiar Visual
Studio, so I cannot see how such a decision is in Nokia's best interest.

Thanks,
David
Before we read too much into it, Dev Studio 2010 is not formally
supported yet by Qt.

My bet, but Im probably wrong ;), once 4.7 comes is formally released,
which will support 2010, then the plugin will probably support 2010.

Scott