[Qt-interest] Huge memory consumption

James Matta jamesmatta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 11:42:53 CEST 2010

Hello all,
I am using a QFile within to read a bunch of raw binary data. Each file is a
couple gigabytes. When I am running the program on a test of a single file I
notice the memory consumption climbs into a gigabyte of physical memory and
a little less of virtual memory consumed.

A cursory glance through my code does not reveal any immediately apparent
memory leak. So I guess my question is this:

Do I need to do something to the QFile as I read the data (I read 16kb
chunks) to tell it not to use data that it had previously buffered? or do I
need to go on a memory leak witch hunt with valgrind?
--
James Matta
University of Notre Dame