[Qt-interest] QAbstractFileEngine problems

Scott Aron Bloom Scott.Bloom at onshorecs.com
Wed Jul 7 19:00:03 CEST 2010

Ooops. Wrong thread.. sorry

-----Original Message-----
From: qt-interest-bounces at trolltech.com
[mailto:qt-interest-bounces at trolltech.com] On Behalf Of Scott Aron Bloom
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:42 AM
To: Thiago Macieira; qt-interest at trolltech.com
Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] QAbstractFileEngine problems

-----Original Message-----
From: qt-interest-bounces at trolltech.com
[mailto:qt-interest-bounces at trolltech.com] On Behalf Of Thiago Macieira
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:33 AM
To: qt-interest at trolltech.com

On Wednesday 7. July 2010 15.18.07 Eric Landuyt wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying this.
> Anyway, is something else planned to support this kind of virtual
> filesystems in Qt 5, or should we prepare to reimplement all this by
> ourselves ? (in this case, Qt 5's filesystem API would really
> represent a huge step back from my point of view).

Current thinking is we don't want a VFS layer.

So, if you want VFS, you need to implement it by yourself.

Or you can implement a Qt VFS layer and contribute it to Qt and maintain
it there.

--
Along those lines...

Is there a chance, that you could open up the source code to it?  It
would also be great if you could open up the commercial version with the
built in designer...

Then the community could support it :)

Scott