[Qt-interest] QAbstractFileEngine problems

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 20:42:02 CEST 2010

Why not just keep what they have now... If Qt is moving to open governance,
can't we just elect to keep it? It is fine if you deprecate it, as long as
*something* replaces it, hopefully for the better. But to drop something because
it is "slow" and replace it with nothing isn't really a good reason to 1) do it
then and 2) do it ever.

My current thinking is a VFS layer is cool as sh!t because it abstracts the
structured storage of binary?) data from the implementation. Who doesn't want
that?! KIOSlaves are the bomb!

Also Scott, since the code is already LGPL'd why not keep it?

Offtopic:
So far, Qt and I seem to be on a path to parting ways. QDom and
QAbstractFileEngine. Why do my projects always collide with the future of Qt?
What am I doing wrong? I am hoping that things like open governance means we get
to say, no, "we want to keep this" a little while longer... At least with XML
there are other APIs that can be adapted to XML processing as a whole is not
dropped.