[Qt-interest] QtXml

Thu Jul 8 08:25:13 CEST 2010

On Thursday 08 Jul 2010 11:32:12 am amulya rattan wrote:
> Read through QXmlStream* .. internally, its called the future!

Thanks. QDom was convenient as i was using it to create a model similar to the
example code in Qt. My use case however, differs as i need some elements
encrypted which means that all child elements are invisible until it is
decrypted. Decryption happens incrementally during the life of the document.

Now that i think of it, QDom seems like the wrong choice as the document is
parsed only once during the setContent() call at which time the sub elements
of encrypted elements are invisible. Does the QXmlStreamReader API parse the
document incrementally such that, when i encounter an encrypted element, i
first decrypt it and then ask the reader to continue parsing from there?

<kitts.mailinglists at gmail.com>wrote:
> > On Thursday 08 Jul 2010 12:52:35 am Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > > Like any other Qt 4 technology, the file engine support cannot be
> > > removed until  Qt 4. So it's staying exactly where it is. Apps using
> > > that will continue to work. The same applies to QDom. The fact that I
> > > recommend against those technologies doesn't mean you must not use
> > > them. It's just

> > > recommendation that you have to weigh in your decision.
> > >
> > > Qt engineers will not further optimise those technologies. We think we
> >
> > can
> >
> > > spend our time in things that give developers more value. At one point,
> > > like  the QDom, we may even stop fixing anything but critical bugs. And
> > > for Qt 5, whenever that happens, we will remove any unmaintained
> > > technologies.
> >
> > Does that mean QDomElement and QDom* class will be deprecated? I just
> > began using these classes in a project so there still is a chance for me
> > to pick the
> > right alternate. What is the recommended alternate API?
> > --
> > Cheers!
> > Kishore

Cheers!