[Qt-interest] QString encoding

Jeffery MacEachern j.maceachern at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 22:22:58 CEST 2010

This is vaguely related to the QString and char* thread, but I didn't
want to hijack it.  I'm in a similar situation, having to pass a char*
to a C function from a Qt program.  The char* in question is the UNIX
device node path to a serial device.  Now that the other thread
cleared up my initial problem, I have another question.  The QString
that contains the path is given to me as the return value of a D-Bus
call from BlueZ, using Qt's qdbusxml2cpp generator to create the
wrapper class.  In such a case, how do I know what encoding was used
when the QString was instantiated, so I know which
QString::toFooFormat() method to call?
    - Jeffery MacEachern