[Qt-interest] compiling VTK+QT 4.6.3 cocoa from scratch

Oliver.Knoll at comit.ch Oliver.Knoll at comit.ch
Fri Jul 16 10:13:35 CEST 2010

Nicolas Rannou wrote on Thursday, July 15, 2010 9:06 PM:

> Then I try to compile VTK (last version from git) with the usual
> options. (including VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS =ON)

What exactly does VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS do (what does "IDS" stand for)? Are you 100% sure that this really generates "64bit binaries"?

> Note that it works fine if I download the QT pre-build binaries but I
> am not able to generate my installation package since QT has been
> built with XCode.

Hmmm, what do you mean "built with XCode"? The default compiler on Mac is always gcc - so how do you tell whether the built was triggered from within XCode or command line? What is the difference for you?

Also I am not sure, but couldn't it be that the Qt Cocoa binary release contains both 32bit and 64bit binaries?

Cheers, Oliver
--
Oliver Knoll
Dipl. Informatik-Ing. ETH