[Qt-interest] how to hide the taskbar/dock icon?

Denis Akhmetzyanov dakhmetzyanov at smartlabs.tv
Tue Jul 20 11:30:44 CEST 2010

Hi,
> If I use QApplication I don't have a window to set it's flag to subwindow.

Why don't you? It is possible to create windows with QApplication.
SSCCE code:

// main.cpp

#include <QtGui/QApplication>

#include <QWidget>

 int main(int argc, char *argv[])

{

    QApplication a(argc, argv);

     QWidget w;

    w.setWindowFlags(Qt::Tool); // comment this line for show taskbar icon

    w.show();

     return a.exec();

}

Also I've attached archive with project.
I've tested this code on Ubuntu 10.04 Gnome and KDE and Windows XP SP3. And
taskbar icon have been hided everywhere. You could try this code. What is
your environment?
P.S. I've tried flag Qt::SubWindow and it doesn't work.

--
Best regards,
Denis Akhmetzyanov