[Qt-interest] Using dbus type 'aay' with qdbusxml2cpp

Kybernetik Kollektiv kybernetikkollektiv at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:13:29 CEST 2010

Jeffery, thanks for your reply, but what you described is exactly what
I did and described in my first posting. What Thiago suggested did the
trick to use QList<QByteArray> directly.

I've found the mistake that caused the error and it was not related to
the dbus type system, but only to the arguments with which I called
the method. What I did was:

>    QDBusPendingReply<> m = group->AddService(AVAHI_IF_UNSPEC,
>                      AVAHI_PROTO_UNSPEC,
>                      0,
>                      "BoilerDings",
>                      "boiler._tcp",
>                      "local",
>                      "locutus.local",
>                      1234,
>                      b);

But the 5th argument has to start with an underscore, so changing it
to "_boiler._tcp" made it work as expected.

Thanks everyone!
Patrick