[Qt-interest] Grouping existing widgets into a vertical splitter with Qt Designer

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 15:15:37 CEST 2010

Hi Andreas -

Thanks, just what the doctor ordered!

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:31 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 20.07.10 19:33:36, K. Frank wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Jan <janusius at gmx.net> wrote:
>> > What is the extra vspliter supposed to split: the top horizontalLayout
>> > and the rest or the grouped tables and the text edit?
>>
>> The latter -- the grouped tables and the text edit.
> To add the splitter between the textedit and the range of tables you can
> simply select the textedit, click on the "Break Layout" button in the
> toolbar and then select the textedit and the existing horizontal
> splitter and click on the "Lay Out Vertically in Splitter" button in the
> toolbar. Last select the centralwidget in the object-tree and set a
> normal layout on that one so the content again resizes properly when you
> resize the mainwindow.

I did as you suggested, and it worked just as I wanted.

I guess the vertical layout applied to the central widget blocks
adding layouts to individual widgets.

What the general rule?  Is it the case that you have to break down
any and all surrounding layouts before you modify any layouts
nested inside?

> Andreas

Thanks.  It worked like a charm.

K. Frank