[Qt-interest] QTcpServer timeout ?

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Wed Jul 21 15:54:16 CEST 2010

Stephen:

> If it's the kind of app. that has to survive in such an environment, I
> would recommend that they implement an application level keepalive
> though - that won't be dependent upon the vagaries of the underlying
> OS or local sys admin (who may have changed the kernel level TCP
> keepalive settings without your knowing it).

  I agree completely.

                            Atlant

________________________________
  You are correct that generic TCP connections don't "inherently" time out.
  But many, many TCP connections in the real world (in the situations I
  mentioned such as firewalls, public carriers, and the like) absolutely
  DO timeout.
Yes, that's a good point - a firewall could be closing a connection.

--
Stephen Collyer

This e-mail and the information, including any attachments, it contains are intended to be a confidential communication only to the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original message.

Thank you.