[Qt-interest] ksycoca...Trying to open ksycoca from...

Guido Seifert Wargand at gmx.de
Wed Jul 21 20:48:07 CEST 2010

Hi, I know this is not the kde mailing list. I tried to get infos about this bug on freenode/#kde, but without success.

But maybe, maybe it really is a Qt problem.
Whenever I start one on my Qt programs, pure Qt, not a single bit kde, I get the following message on stderr:

ComicMaster(14718)/ KSycocaPrivate::openDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-wargand/ksycoca4"

Normally I'd say this is a kde problem. They are just noisy. However, I have been told messages like that on stderr can be disabled with kdebugdialog. Tried that, but without success.

As I said, it superficially looks like a kde bug, however, when run in kde 4 Qt uses the kde fileselectorboxes by default. So I wonder what else might Qt use from kde? So could it really be a Qt bug?

I am not quite sure what in my ComicMaster triggers this message, I have never seen it on one of my other apps. I suppose it has something to do with the database. I use sqlite and postgres.

Any ideas?

Guido