[Qt-interest] Overlay in conflict to QPainter?

Malyushytsky, Alex alex at wai.com
Sat Jul 24 00:07:41 CEST 2010

Oliver wrote:
>> Why do you say that on Vista it is an obsolete feature? It is the OpenGL driver implementation in the end which decides which features are supported and which not, no?

I remember reading an article. As I can recall originally Microsoft was going only to support OpengL as an additional layer on top of DirectX.
Then situation changed and new OpenGL implementation was made, but support for overlays was dropped.

Situation might change already.
Quick attempt to find more info on the web did not give too much information beside already written above.

Alex

Weidlinger Associates, Inc. made the following annotations.

“This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you.”

“Please consider our environment before printing this email.”