[Qt-interest] Catch QTabWidget change event before change

Matthias Paul slayer81 at gmx.de
Tue Oct 5 09:47:55 CEST 2010

Hello David,

my fault.

It's a QTabWidget I currently use, not a QTabPane or QTabBar. I should not post too early in the morning :/

Still, the problem remains: I'd like to fetch the tab change event before the change takes place (and will be visible to the user).

Thank you,
Paule

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 00:34:40 -0700
> Von: David Boosalis <david.boosalis at gmail.com>
> An: Matthias Paul <slayer81 at gmx.de>
> Betreff: Re: [Qt-interest] Catch QTabPane change event before change

> Hi Matthias.
>
> I don't have an answer for you, but what interest me is QTabPane, as I do
> not think there is such a widget in Qt itself.  Searching the web let me
> something Qcodo, which looked to be something PHP based.  If this is
> actually a Qt based widget please let me know more about the third party
> library you are using. I'd like to learn more
>
> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Matthias Paul <slayer81 at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > I use a QTabPane with three 3 panes. Each panel has some QTextFields for
> > user inputs.
> > If the user changes input on pane 1 and then tries to switch to pane 2
> or
> > 3, I'd like to display a message that asks the user whether he wants to
> save
> > his input or not.
> >
> > There's a signal "currentChange(int)" in QTabPane, which triggers after
> the
> > tab has actually changed. Is there a way to catch a signal _before_ the
> > change is going to happen, so I am able to overrule the change?
> >

> > Thank you,
> > Paule
> > --
> > GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit
> > gratis Notebook-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

GRATIS: Spider-Man 1-3 sowie 300 weitere Videos!
Jetzt freischalten! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome