[Qt-interest] QT programmer : Interview + portfolio

Dan Milburn danmilburn at clara.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 11:05:46 CEST 2010

Sarvesh Saran wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I will be attending my first QT interview since I began programming in
> QT back in 2007.
>

> I was wondering if it is a good idea to take snapshots of the User
> Interfaces that I have developed ( create a portfolio like a web
> designer  might do) to show it to the interview panel?
>

> Would that help or will it simply raise more questions?  I have attended
> C++ interview before and I’m quite comfortable with those..I have no
> idea what to expect from a QT interview though.

As someone who's recently been interviewing for Qt jobs (and got one),
this is not something it occurred to me to do.  You would be better off
taking actual application source code to demonstrate.

Most of the Qt-related questions I was asked were on e.g. QObject and
meta-object system (signals and slots etc), threads,
internationalization.  QML is obviously the big new thing so might also
come up.  I would also second the recommendation to get a Qt
certification, the exam is really rather easy and having it goes down
well with recruiters.

Dan