[Qt-interest] hi, a question

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Thu Oct 28 07:01:37 CEST 2010

On Thursday 28 October 2010 04:33:05 shenghua.2.wang at nokia.com wrote:
> Hi:
>       As nokia announce that we will use qt quick ,so could  the former qt
> widget also be used? Or we will discard the qt widget step by step?
>     Thanks.

Well, let me put it this way.
A valid request of mine for a change in the way QWidgets deal with changes in
their properties that are used in their stylesheet was closed because the
Trolls did not expect to work on it as the focus has shifted towards Quick.
But they did say widgets will be around for a long while more.

I did not check to see if other widget-related bugs or requests are being
closed on similar grounds, but it may give you an indication of where things
are heading. At the dev days in the keynotes it was suggested that Nokia would
keep the investments on the desktop constant and up the investments for a
part of the mobile world (Quick related), but it seems resources are shifted
instead.

André