[Qt-interest] hi, a question

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Thu Oct 28 07:16:43 CEST 2010

On Thursday 28 October 2010 07:09:23 you wrote:
> Thank you for your detailed answer. I will use qt quick as soon as
> possible.

It really depends on your usecase if that is wise, I think. Quick is very
young and IMHO inmature technology. Like everything young, it is cool, shiny
and promising, but you also don't know if it will mature the way you'd like.
Widgets have been around for ages, and are very stable and mature. Yes, they
do have sortcommings, but at least those are known and documented. They also
have not prevented the realization of many, many very good applications.

So, by all means, go ahead and see if Quick fills your needs, but don't disgard
widgets just because the focus for new developments is more with Quick than
with widgets at the moment.

André