[Qt-interest] Disabled window palette

Darryl Campbell dutter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 16:35:09 CEST 2010

Hello,
    I have an application which is cross paltorm (windows and ubuntu). I am
using a  QMDIArea and the client has requested that disabled subwindows
remain accessible for things like reviewing the history of things they typed
in the window and cut/paste etc. To accomplish this I windows I simply set
everything but their textarea to be disabled and then to make the textarea
"look" disabled I set the palette group to use the inactive colors. This
works fine on windows, the mdisubwindow looks disabled, but on unbuntu the
palette change has no effect. Is there another way to do this? That doesn't
use the palette?

-Darryl