[Qt-interest] Disabled window palette

Darryl Campbell dutter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 02:35:31 CEST 2010

I should have done this in the first place but here is the slot I use to
make the window look disabled....it's quite simple. I have verified that the
two colors (active and inactive) are in fact different but when I set the
palette the color doesn't change on linux...on windows it works fine.

void MyWindow::markDisabled()
{

    QPalette oldPalette = txtArea->palette();
    QColor baseColor = oldPalette.color(QPalette::Inactive, QPalette::Base);
    QColor textColor = oldPalette.color(QPalette::Inactive, QPalette::Text);

    QPalette newPalette;
    newPalette.setColor(QPalette::Active, QPalette::Base,baseColor);
    newPalette.setColor(QPalette::Active, QPalette::Text,textColor);
    txtArea->setPalette(newPalette);

}

-Darryl