[Qt-interest] Qt Books for new user -reg

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 17:44:27 CEST 2010

Hello Raja -

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Michael Jackson
<mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:
> I'll second the Summerfield books. Currently using the "Advanced" book to
> get some coding done. Well worth the purchase.
>>    I would suggest you do each of these in this order:
>>
>>  C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4 (2nd Edition) (Prentice Hall Open Source
>> Software Development Series) by Jasmin Blanchette and Mark Summerfield
>>  Advanced Qt Programming: Creating Great Software with C++ and Qt 4 (Prentice
>> Hall Open Source Software Development Series) by Mark Summerfield
>>  Qt for Symbian
>>  On 10/29/2010 8:58 AM, Raja wrote:
>>> Hi Qt users !!!
>>>  I am new for this Qt Group.. i want to learn this framework to develop
>>> mobile
>>> application as well as cross platform application. Can u pls suggest some
>>> good
>>> starting materials (beginners guide or book) mainly for new comers ..

Also (as several have mentioned in other postings) the Qt documentation
and examples are quite good.  Read through the expository material in the
documentation and the class references for the classes you are working
with, and work through the examples that seem relevant to what you are
trying to do.

The bundled Qt documentation is a good place to start.

>>>  By
>>>  --
>>>  Rajamani Marimuthu
>>>  Junior Research Fellow-JRF