[Qt-interest] Place your bets (was: Many have not aware about this letter, Its for all who relies on Nokia)

jjDaNiMoTh jjdanimoth at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 15:40:46 CET 2011

2011/2/13 QtNext <qtnext at gmail.com>:
> I am afraid that all big shareholder are in the plan since the start (when
> Elop was nominated as CEO).... Symbian, Meego, Qt are commit to died since a
> lot of month ...
> it's the plan...
> The finnish government seems to know the situation also .... Elop can't have
> done a such shift alone ....

My bet:

-50% Nokia will sell Qt (or Trolltech man will re-buy them at lower
price) and they will release Qt5 with support of iOS, Android and WP7
(same code, 3 mobile platform and 3 desktop platform)

-50% Nokia will sell Qt (or Trolltech man will re-buy them at lower
price) and they finally stop working on mobile platforms and return to
work on the best cross-platform desktop toolkit.

Anyway, Nokia needs to sell Qt, if Qt want to live after Nokia's
debacle : they has ruined our toolkit, first decreasing forces on
Desktop platform (we all know excellent examples passed from here,
from QProxyWidget to SQL part) and then trying to make Qt the toolkit
for their "mobile platform". Their mobile platform as failed. No way.