[Qt-qml] QML Extension plugin for playing gstreamer pipeline

Tico Ballagas ballagas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 20:37:25 CEST 2011

I've done a QML extension for playing a gstreamer pipeline.  At a high-level, I used the appsink module of gstreamer to receive video frames from the pipeline.  Then I created a class that derived from QDeclarativeItem to render the video frames in QML.  This approach avoids having to worry about the gstreamer window ID of an arbitrary sink.

-Tico