[Qt-qml] Any tips or tricks to help with long app startup times?

Artem Marchenko artem.marchenko at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 21:46:09 CEST 2011

Hello guys

In my old mobile gaming programming times I was solving similar issues by loading single very big image and making small images to just refer to different parts of that big image. That's quite standard technique for 2D gaming - loading many sprites takes time on all systems.

That is probably impossible if you go for pure QML, but if you are ready to experiment with QmlCanvas and/or with trying to implement your own image providers that would provide sprites from the single huge image, that could help. Guarantees quite some headache though.

BR,
Artem.