[Qtce-preview-feedback] Qt and Windows CE 5.0 TrueType Problem

Maurice Kalinowski mkalinow at trolltech.com
Tue Mar 25 12:54:27 CET 2008

Hi,

George H. Locktish wrote:

> I am attempting to run my Qt application on a Windows CE device.  I
> have built a debug version of the OS using Platform Builder, and each
> time I run my Qt application on the device I receive a DEBUGCHK in
> truetype.cpp.
>

> The DEBUGCHK message from Platform Builder is:
>
> Unknown: DEBUGCHK failed in file
> c:\macallan\private\winceos\coreos\gwe\mgdi\tt\mgtt\truetype.cpp at
> line 1590
>

> This DEBUGCHK occurs immediately upon startup of the Qt application
> and the application fails to display once I receive this message.

Do you by chance have the truetype.cpp so that you could tell us, what
the actual check is? Beside that, do you have TrueType fonts installed
on this system or are you using raster fonts? It might be related to the
fact, that Qt tries to load TrueType ones while they do not exist.

Does this DEBUGCHK message prevent you from starting your application in
debug mode at all? If so, is a stack crawl available?

Best Regards,

Maurice Kalinowski