[Qtce-preview-feedback] Qt and Windows CE 5.0 TrueType Problem

George H. Locktish ghlocktish at praxiseng.com
Tue Mar 25 19:47:12 CET 2008

Unfortunately, I don't have the truetype.cpp file.

I do have the OS configured with TrueType font support.  Currently, I
have the Tahoma font installed.  Are there certain fonts that are
required to be installed on the system?

The DEBUGCHK message prevents the application from running entirely.

The stack trace from Platform Builder is:
GWES!Gdi::ExtTextOutW_I(HDC__ * 0x003602e4, int 16, int 12, unsigned int
16, const tagRECT * 0x00000000, const unsigned short * 0x18917ad0,
unsigned int 1, const int * 0x00000000)  line 1590 + 60 bytes

NK!SC_ExtTextOutW(HDC__ * 0x00000000, int 412187344, int 1, unsigned int
0, const tagRECT * 0x838f5b6c, const unsigned short * 0x0a000000,
unsigned int 2205825960, const int * 0x00000000)  line 974 + 76 bytes

COREDLL!ExtTextOutW(HDC__ * 0x003602e4, int 16, int 12, unsigned int 16,
const tagRECT * 0x00000000, const unsigned short * 0x18917ad0, unsigned
int 1, const int * 0x00000000)  line 615 + 72 bytes

181fb47c()

The call stack only contains the symbols from the system DLLs.  I have
built the Qt GUI application in debug mode, but I am not getting debug
symbols.

I can reproduce this issue with a minimum Qt application (one that just
shows a QMessageBox).

Thanks,
George