[Qt5-feedback] QAIM::headerData()

Wed Jul 20 14:12:27 CEST 2011

On Jul 20, 2011 5:38 PM, "Kishore Jonnalagadda" <
kitts.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been using QAIM in the last few months and one inconsistency I find
is in the headerData() API. I would like to see the api being modified from

> virtual QVariant headerData ( int section, Qt::Orientation orientation,
int role = Qt::DisplayRole ) const

> virtual QVariant headerData ( const QModelIndex & parent, int section,
Qt::Orientation orientation, int role = Qt::DisplayRole ) const

> just as it is for columnCount() and other API. In my use case, I am using
QAIM as an aggregating model and hence it is very much possible that the
models being aggregated have different header data.

Also this change can be made source compatible by making index the last
parameter with a default invalid (root) index.