[Qt5-feedback] "Lion" features

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 19:34:11 CEST 2011

Am 21.07.2011 um 19:25 schrieb Till Oliver Knoll <till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> What I would like to see in Qt 5 on Mac OSX:
>
> - "Lion" fullscreen support
> - "Automatic document save" (with history) support - you know, this "Time Machine for documents" stuff ;)
> - Support for the new "memory/process" management of "Lion" - the stuff where an application can be "terminated friendly" when "not used for a while" by the proc...

Damn, accidentally sent too early while wiping the raindrops from my touch surface ;)

Where was I?

- ... by the process manager, and where the application restores its state when invoked again by the user (including auto-save of documents, see above), so the user does not even know that the process had been terminated
- "Sandbox model" - at least make sure the file dialogs are called from the proper OS process having file privileges

I think the "sandboxed thing" becomes a requirement for Mac App Store apps in November this year...

A nice technical review on Ars Technica: http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/2011/07/mac-os-x-10-7.ars

So basically: "We want all this (support for new "Lion" APIs) in here (Qt)!"

;)

Cheers, Oliver