[Qt5-feedback] "Lion" features

Charley Bay charleyb123 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 21:50:45 CEST 2011

Till spaketh:

> > What I would like to see in Qt 5 on Mac OSX:
>  > - <snip>,
>
> - "Automatic document save" (with history) support - you know, this "Time
> Machine for documents" stuff ;)

I agree with all of Till's list, but I want to *especially* request the
"auto-document-save" (with history) support.

It would be *great* if Qt5 provided a good mechanism (API) to do this.  I
assume such APIs must be integrated through the application (I'm not sure),
so I'd expect (like gestures/mobile/multi-touch) it would be good to get
this integrated into Qt5 *now*, rather than pretend they could be added as
an "add-on" later.

It's possible auto-save-with-history could be an add-on API later, I don't
know, but it is a feature I'd really like to have available in Qt.

--charley