[Qt5-feedback] X11 mouse buttons in qt4, qt5, and KDE: please, PLEASE review this design.

Samuel Rødal samuel.rodal at nokia.com
Thu Jul 28 16:44:32 CEST 2011

On 07/28/2011 03:43 PM, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 de July de 2011 10:25:17 Samuel Rødal wrote:
>> Oh, another thought, can't we just extend the MouseButtonMask to include
>> more bits in Qt 5? Would 32 buttons be sufficient for any reasonable use?
>
> Yes, just like 640 kB will be sufficient for any reasonable use :-)

Well, I found an 18-buttoned mouse at least:
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1566251/-button-mouse-black

Maybe I should get one for testing the new APIs.

Question is, at what point does it go from being a mouse to becoming a
custom input device, outside the scope of QMouseEvent? :)

--
Samuel