[QtonPi] To people receiving their devices and hungry to build their own Qt5 for it

Donald Carr sirspudd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 01:10:36 CEST 2012

Cool beans,

technical it is, and for the record, I am a Qt guy :)

I need to clarify from the outset:

QtOnPi is more than just Qt 5, it is a Linux distribution which has
larger ambitions/intents than simply getting Qt 5 running on the
Raspberry Pi. Me, I am just a simple man and someone you can complain
to if Qt 5 on the Raspberry Pi behaves in a fashion you consider
broken or limited. This is Qt 5 on any of the Linux incarnations
coming out of the Pi (Arch, Debian etc etc)

Qt 5 on the Pi should be pain free and banging. It is right now, as of
today, and has been for the past 2 weeks since the last major
contribution landed. If you experiences woes/problems, please let us
know.

I look forward to the upstream torrent of banging relavant changes
fueled by the broad dispersal of these boards to enthusiastic
developers.

Yours sincerely,
Donald Carr