[QtonPi] To people receiving their devices and hungry to build their own Qt5 for it

Sivan Greenberg sivan at omniqueue.com
Wed Apr 25 01:17:29 CEST 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Donald Carr <sirspudd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool beans,
>
> technical it is, and for the record, I am a Qt guy :)

I recall meeting you and discussing in length the joys (-pains) of
cross compilation and bootstrapping  we shared in last MeeGo
conference in San Fran.

> QtOnPi is more than just Qt 5, it is a Linux distribution which has
> larger ambitions/intents than simply getting Qt 5 running on the
> Raspberry Pi. Me, I am just a simple man and someone you can complain
> to if Qt 5 on the Raspberry Pi behaves in a fashion you consider
> broken or limited. This is Qt 5 on any of the Linux incarnations
> coming out of the Pi (Arch, Debian etc etc)

That means you are the guy who adapted debian for the Pi? What are the
technical issues with webkit and snowshoe ? (surely cross building is
not..?)

> Qt 5 on the Pi should be pain free and banging. It is right now, as of
> today, and has been for the past 2 weeks since the last major
> contribution landed. If you experiences woes/problems, please let us
> know.

I wonder how do you attach a touch display to it, excuse my ignorance! :-p

> I look forward to the upstream torrent of banging relavant changes
> fueled by the broad dispersal of these boards to enthusiastic
> developers.

With power comes great responsibility ;)

Thanks for this,

-Sivan