[QtonPi] Farnell Track number answer

Anderson Lizardo anderson.lizardo at openbossa.org
Fri Aug 10 21:41:01 CEST 2012

Hi,

I found a way to gather tracking numbers, based on the reference number
used when shipment was processed. This number seems the same for all RPi
already delivered, as far as I can see.

Instructions (I'm not sure if you need to create an account on the UPS site
for this):

On the UPS site, hover mouse on "Tracking" (top menu), then click on "Track
shipments". On the left side will appear a box to enter tracking numbers
("Track by number"). You cannot use that without tracking number, of course.

Instead, select "Track by reference". New options will be shown, fill these:

- Shipment type: Package (the default option)
- Shipment Reference: GB1:05
- Shipment Date Rage: use some reasonable range here, e.g. 23/07 to 23/08
(some RPi's were shipped on different dates)
- Destination Country:  [your country]

leave other fields at the default. Click on "track". You should get a list
of tracking numbers destined to your country, which are most likely RPis.

It is not a perfect solution, but may help finding yours.

Good luck!

PS: mine was successfully delivered to Manaus/Brazil this week with the
absurd taxes paid.

Best Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo