[QtonPi] QtonPi SW stack

d3fault d3faultdotxbe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 07:54:54 CET 2012

> - QtonPi platform image (Fedora based for now, see below!)
>
> - Documentation on how to get toolchain + sysroot + Qt Creator working to
> develop apps

As I understand it, we're talking about two different Fedora-based
installations? One for the desktop with a cross-compiler targeting
ARM/RaspberryPi... and the other being the actual Fedora distribution
running on the Raspberry Pi... which uses a native compiler of course.

Since Fedora/etc will run on Raspberry Pi, won't the Qt libraries pretty
much work right out of the box?
I recall reading about Qt5 + Raspberry Pi + Wayland. Is this a separate
effort? Is it even related? Sorry I'm just not sure how Wayland fits into
all this.

In the long run, wouldn't all this Raspberry Pi specific stuff get pushed
upstream into Qt-Creator.... much like how Android-Lighthouse-QtCreator is
intending to do (I wonder what the status of that is...)?

For developing on a desktop: Qt Creator configured to deploy to a remote
linux device (i guess it's implied that we're cross compiling too?)
For developing on the RasPi: Qt Creator deploying locally

- Qt 5 running on full-screen EGFS mode. We'll probably include the
> code-freeze version of Qt 5 and update it as we move along.

I'm confused. Why full-screen? Wouldn't each app just be a separate window
like in desktop Fedora? Am I missing something? Is this full-screen EGFS
for running Qt5 on the raspberry pi without a window manager?

you also mention...

- Support for Multi-Process Qt/Qt Quick Apps

Does that mean one process at a time... iOS style? Why wouldn't
Multi-Process apps work right out of the box with Fedora installed? Is this
only a Quick/3d related problem (you mention texture sharing later on)?

As for multimedia, I'm sure this has already been mentioned: wouldn't we
just need an OpenMax back-end plugin for Phonon? Said plugin is used
whenever the video is H.264... otherwise we fall back to software decoding.

d3fault