[QtonPi] Forum(s) for mentored topics on QtDevNet

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Mon Feb 27 16:08:43 CET 2012

On 2/27/2012 8:57 AM, Mohamed Ikbel Boulabiar wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Nils Jeisecke <njeisecke at saltation.de
> <mailto:njeisecke at saltation.de>> wrote:
>
>     I've been thinking about an efficient way to organize the QtonPi
>     mentoring.
>
>     What do you think, would it make sense to have a QtonPi forum on Qt
>     developer networks?
>     There each topic (as structured on
>     http://wiki.qt-project.org/QtonPi/Device_program/Accepted) could be
>     represented by a thread.
>
> IMHO I don't think forums are a good thing to use. (speaking about phpBB
> & co.)
> it makes me remember old web technologies and isn't something good in
> terms of later use and in terms of the interface. (someone should search
> for the information inside a lot of crappy clutter)
> I think a wiki where people filter information and keep only useful one
> seems better.
> I have presented other solutions in a previous thread.

As an old-school guy I would prefer forums. Maybe a top-level forum for
each mentorship group with a thread for each sub-project. I think this
would help make the communication for each sub-project separate enough
to make all the interactions manageable. Throw in a wiki for finalized
information once all the initial back/forth has been gotten out of the way.