[Qtwebengine] Help with Linux desktop build

Mansoor C mchishtie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 01:16:13 CET 2014

Hi,

I am trying to build upstream Linux desktop version (per Jocelyn's
suggestion) to verify that my texture streaming patch builds properly.
This is the first time I am trying to build upstream directly.

I was able to clone, configure, and build upstream qt5 using
directions here - no errors
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building-Qt-5-from-Git. I checked out stable branch.

I was also able to clone qtwebengine upstream following directions from here:
https://qt.gitorious.org/qt-labs/qtwebengine/source/e0653be7a315dc0b66af35c340a094de8a284117:

However, 'qmake -r' can't find quick or qml modules.

mchishtie at mansoor-rim:/media/ssd/upstream/qtwebengine$
/media/ssd/upstream/qt5/qtbase/bin/qmake -r
Info: creating cache file /media/ssd/upstream/qtwebengine/.qmake.cache
Reading /media/ssd/upstream/qtwebengine/src/src.pro
 Reading /media/ssd/upstream/qtwebengine/src/core/core.pro
  Reading /media/ssd/upstream/qtwebengine/src/core/core_gyp_generator.pro
Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quick qml

Am I not configuring/building Qt5 correctly?

Thanks, Mansoor

P.S. Here are my steps:

git clone https://git.gitorious.org/qt/qt5.git qt5
cd qt5
git checkout stable
perl init-repository --no-webkit --http --codereview-username mchishtie
./configure -qt-xcb -developer-build -opensource -nomake examples -nomake tests
make -j8

git clone https://git.gitorious.org/qt-labs/qtwebengine.git
cd qtwebengine
git submodule init && git submodule update --recursive
qmake -r [note 'qmake' works but then fails at 'make']