[Qtwebengine] QtWebEngine current status?

Albisser Zeno Zeno.Albisser at digia.com
Thu Feb 27 23:16:37 CET 2014

Hi,

I was just perusing http://qt-project.org/wiki/New-Features-in-Qt-5.3 and noticed that it makes no mention of QWebEngine, even as preview support. Does anybody know the status of how that’s moving along? Is it no longer expected to be integrated enough to be part of 5.3?

The feature freeze for 5.3 was way too early to make it in with QtWebEngine. However, already with the last blog post we mentioned that we are planning on having alpha and/or beta releases in first half of 2014. And this is still our plan. The exact naming for our first release is still subject of discussions. It might be an alpha, a beta or simply a 1.0 release. - But finally, this is really just naming.

http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2014/01/23/qt-webengine-technology-preview-available/ is the latest info I can find. Mostly I’m trying to keep up on the progress here as I want to switch from QtWebKit to QtWebEngine as soon as it’s available. I imagine it’s quite an anticipated feature, but I’m having trouble finding much info on how it’s going. Any insights you can provide are appreciated,

This is the latest info that we published in a blog form, that is correct. :-)
If you require more recent information you might want to keep an eye on our channel #qtwebengine on freenode, take a look at our trello board https://trello.com/b/5G9c1rkb or simply follow the commits in our repo https://qt.gitorious.org/qt-labs/qtwebengine/commits .

We have QtWebEngine working already pretty well with Linux and Mac OSX. If these platforms are what you need, I would suggest to compile it and give it a try. Feel free to let us know which particular features you are missing. - We appreciate getting feedback.

- Zeno