[Qtwebengine] gl_context_glx.cc(69) Failed to create GL context with glXCreateContextAttribsARB

Notorious notorious at telenet.be
Mon Jun 16 18:49:01 CEST 2014

Hi all,

When using qWebEngine on a laptop with i915 graphics driver (Intel 3rd
gen GPU) on kernel 3.14-1 nothing gets rendered and following messages
occur:
gl_context_glx.cc(69) Failed to create GL context with
glXCreateContextAttribsARB
command_buffer_proxy_impl.cc(165) Failed to initialize command buffer
service.

I googled around and apparently this patch
(https://codereview.chromium.org/93593002/) was created to automatically
fall back on sofware rendering if this situation does occur.
As far as I can see these changes are present in the chromium fork on
qt-labs, but it obviously doesn't fall back on software rendering.

Is there any way to force software rendering to work around this issue?
As with "chromium --disable-gpu"?

Kind Regards