[Qtwebengine] Build QtWebEngine on RaspBerry Pi

LongChair69 . longchair69 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 13:31:08 CET 2014

Ok i gave it a shot with QtGraphicsWebview and the simple sample below :

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    QApplication app(argc, argv);
    const int width = 1900;
    const int height = 1000;

    QGraphicsScene scene;

    QGraphicsView view(&scene);
    view.setFrameShape(QFrame::NoFrame);
    view.setVerticalScrollBarPolicy(Qt::ScrollBarAlwaysOff);
    view.setHorizontalScrollBarPolicy(Qt::ScrollBarAlwaysOff);

    QGraphicsWebView webview;
    webview.resize(width, height);
    webview.load(QUrl("http://codepen.io/paulirish/pen/LsxyF"));

    scene.addItem(&webview);
    view.resize(width, height);
    view.show();

    return app.exec();
}

the url used is a small site to test css transforms with / without
acceleration.
given the speed i'm hitting on this sample, it doesn't looks like it is
using any HW acceleration.

Is there anything that i did wrong in the sample above, or any suggestion
that  would explain it's not hitting hw ?

As of now the only way i have been able to get some HW accel on rpi with
*WebView is to use it from qml...