[Qtwebengine] Build QtWebEngine on RaspBerry Pi

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Nov 19 13:41:38 CET 2014

* LongChair69 . <longchair69 at gmail.com> [2014-11-19 13:31:08 +0100]:
> Ok i gave it a shot with QtGraphicsWebview and the simple sample below :
>
> [...]
>
> the url used is a small site to test css transforms with / without
> acceleration.
> given the speed i'm hitting on this sample, it doesn't looks like it is
> using any HW acceleration.
>
> Is there anything that i did wrong in the sample above, or any suggestion
> that  would explain it's not hitting hw ?

I've not tried QGraphicsWebView myself yet so I'm only guessing, but
maybe you need to call setViewport on the QGraphicsView with a
QGLWidget?

From http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qgraphicsview.html :

    By default, QGraphicsView provides a regular QWidget for the
    viewport widget. You can access this widget by calling viewport(),
    or you can replace it by calling setViewport(). To render using
    OpenGL, simply call setViewport(new QGLWidget). QGraphicsView
    takes ownership of the viewport widget.

The blog post I linked before ([1]) alsop suggests this:

    - Setting the QGraphicsView’s viewportUpdateMode to
      BoundingRectViewportUpdate

Florian

[1] http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2010/05/17/qtwebkit-now-accelerates-css-animations-3d-transforms/

             GPG 0xFD55A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc