[Qtwebengine] bridge for web engine

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Mon Sep 15 15:40:05 CEST 2014

On Monday 15 September 2014 18:16:59 Arunprasad Rajkumar wrote:
> Hello Zeno,
>
> Hope you guys already aware of latest Android WebView implementation.
> Android WebView[1] supports similar functionality like
> addToJavaScriptWindowObject using chromium's content API + GIN wrapper API.
> I think it is quite easy to implement using the same mechanism.(I think we
> need to write the GIN to QObject introspection implementation). Sorry If
> I'm wrong L

Hey there,

are you aware of of qtwebview? It's available on Android and reuses the native
WebView there. In the future, that will be integrated with the Qt WebChannel
as well. I don't understand why you want to reinvent the webchannel for this
special usecase, instead of reusing it?

[1]:
https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtwebview/source/e849a5de6046ccaf2e76e636d640ec322ed87f45:

--
Qt Developer Days 2014 - October 6 - 8 at BCC, Berlin

Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090