[Qtwebengine] Static builds of QtWebEngine aren't supported.

Mike Nolan me at mknln.com
Mon Dec 7 01:03:31 CET 2015

Hi Allan,
I see,

Over here I am trying to limit the size of the deployed application as
well as to ease deployment (i.e. with the static build you won't have to
send separate libraries - not that doing so is such a big deal).

Since I noted that static builds of WebEngine aren't supported, I did try
an idea of linking Qt base statically but WebEngine dynamically, but then
hit some errors when compiling my application. Can you (or any developer)
speak to whether this should be possible? I am aware that I may be doing
something unusual/wrong/unsupported there so I will avoid wasting my time
if this is not a valid approach.

Currently I have switched to trying to bring down the size of a dynamic
library build and will see how that goes.

Mike