[Qtwebengine] "can't mmap icudtl.dat" in a Mac OS app

Becsi Andras Andras.Becsi at theqtcompany.com
Sat Feb 21 23:45:30 CET 2015

Hi David,

We override the path through PathService (base::DIR_QT_LIBRARY_DATA) which on a Mac build where QT_MAC_FRAMEWORK_BUILD is defined should be in the framework bundle Resources/.

If the detected DIR_QT_LIBRARY_DATA path ends up being empty for you it means that the bundle with identifier “org.qt-project.Qt.QtWebEngineCore” is not found, which is most likely because src/core/Info_mac.plist has not been deployed together with the bundle, which could be because you did not use Qt’s macdeployqt to copy the framework and deploy your app properly.

You can find more information about this at the change that added plist file for the framework: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/99052/

/Andras